Straightforward, unassuming and absolutely delectable. We are talking about the humble granola bar. These snacks are practical as they are an ideal source of energy and nutrients which can be used as a quick bite to eat, to fuel us mid-ride or as a post ride/workout meal for recovery (depending on what you decide to put in it).
Since it is the FMCO and we are not allowed to cycle, we at KSH Bicycle Malaysia thought it would be fun to give our followers recipe tips (which go hand in hand with cycling) to try at home. For the recipe below, you may change it up and have some fun by mixing in ingredients of your own choice.
Once the FMCO is lifted, do not forget to make use of this recipe for your rides!
The Basics (Ingredients) For Every Granola Bar Recipe
- Sunflower Oil 120ml
- Brown Sugar 220g
- Honey 2TSP
- Peanut Butter 1TSP
- Banana 2 small bananas
- Sesame Seeds 50g
- Sunflower Seeds 50g
- Chopped Dates 50g
- Oats 225g
1. Put a medium sized pan over low heat.
2. Pour the sunflower oil in and heat it for a while.
3. Add the brown sugar, honey, peanut butter, bananas and mix it well as this is the binding mixture.
4. Add the sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, chopped dates and oats. (Mix well after adding each ingredient.)
5. Line baking parchment paper over baking tin and pack the mixture in, in a tight and neat manner.
6. Put it in the oven and set it to a 180°C for 10-15 minutes. Keep an eye on your mixture (in case it overbakes) as you want it to become golden brown in colour.
7. Take it out of the oven, let it cool and cut it into your desired shape.
Voilà! Now you have your granola bar. All that is left to do, is munch on it and hope we can once again cycle outdoors soon.